Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pin It

Skagen , Where The Baltic And North Seas Meet

Photo by Kent Smith
 In the resort town of Skagen you can watch an amazing natural phenomenon. This city is the northernmost point of Denmark, where the Baltic and North Seas meet. The two opposing tides in this place can not merge because they have different densities.


Baltic sea is cold, whilst North sea is warm. So when you stand at the meeting point, you feel one side is cold while the other side is warm.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I would clarify the image of the Merging Seas, in fact it is my image I posted on Flickr a few years ago and it has gone viral a few times. I call it “Merging Oceans”. It was taken on a cruise in Alaska in the Alaskan Gulf, not in the North Baltic sea. You can see my original image here http://www.flickr.com/photos/kentsmith9/4955772693/in/set-72157622762300631 . Also from that link you can see other images I took moments before and after the shot you see here just to prove to people it was my shot and it was in the Alaskan Gulf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Kent Smith, and for your photo - it is really amazing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...